A short review of Notepad++ , one of the most popular code editors!
This solution proposes itself as an alternative to the classical Notepad, adding new functionalities and a total large-scale support of the most common programming languages.
The editor runs on Windows (for Mac users an alternative can be Atom editor) and is regulated by a GNU General Public License.
Some features of Notepad++ are:
- Full support for a wide range of both high-level and other languages (e.g. markup type);
- Auto-complete text function;
- Macro recording;
- Search and replace feature using regular expressions;
- Code Indentation;
- Highlighting of parentheses;
- Customizable interface, style and text size, including Dark Mode and Light Mode;
- Multilanguage support;
- Tabbed display, when working on different files;
- Plugin support.
- The interface is clean and easy to understand, in full WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) style.