Our Inkscape Tutorial is out on Udemy platform!!!
InkScape is one of the best tools you can use to realize your vector drawings under the most-common .SVG format under a completely free license. This is indeed the most recommended alternative for Adobe Illustrator and the best software to deal with .SVG files, well-spread across web development environment.
IMPORTANT NOTE: we have been updating this course to 2023 version.
You will get these updates for free as you get access to our course thanks to Udemy.
What you’ll learn
(Excerpt from the home page of our tutorial)
Learn how to use InkScape and get a quick, easy and complete tour across all its features with a time-efficient guide (60 minutes max);
Learn how to get and install InkScape on both Windows and MacOS and its wonderful Extensions;
Create a new Document and take a tour on the user interface, the basic navigation tools and the main Preferences;
Start drawing freehand with professional Tools and drop 2D and 3D shapes. Get advantage from the loads of Drawing Aids;
Add impressive pieces of Text along a single line, within any border, along any 2D path or within a defined shape;
Learn how to manage object Colors, their Fill, Stroke and Stroke Style, add Blur, Opacity, great Gradients and Effects;
Manage objects by moving, scaling, rotating them and also their alignment, their properties and their basic shape with Edit Tool;
Get how to manage multiple objects, how to make groups and how to perform boolean operations with these;
Learn how to manage and edit Bitmap Objects (images) within InkScape
Save your InkScape Project, select the export options and understand the different output formats you get into;
EXTRA: Learn how to realize interactive objects with InkScape with XML Editor and ID Selectors.
Why use Inkscape?
There are many reasons to use Inkscape for your graphic design needs. Here are just a few:
- It’s free and open source: Inkscape is completely free to use, which makes it an accessible option for artists and designers who may not have the budget for expensive software. Additionally, because it’s open source, anyone can contribute to its development, which means it’s constantly being improved and updated.
- It’s versatile: Inkscape can be used to create a wide range of graphics, from logos and icons to technical drawings and diagrams.
- It’s easy to use: Inkscape has a user-friendly interface and intuitive tools that make it easy to get started. Additionally, there are many tutorials and resources available online to help you learn how to use the software.
- It’s powerful: Despite being free, Inkscape is a powerful tool that can handle even complex graphics and illustrations.
- It’s compatible: Inkscape can import and export a wide range of file formats, which means you can use it alongside other software and tools in your workflow.